Frequently Asked Questions


Q: Do I have coverage for flood under my Homeowners policy?

A: No. You would need to purchase a separate Flood insurance policy.

Q: If my neighbor’s tree falls in my yard either causing damage or debris removal, whose policy pays?

A: Even though the tree belongs to your neighbor, your policy would respond. Debris removal is covered up to a specified amount while damage to any property is subject to the policy deductible.

Q: I have a ring that is valued at $5,000. Is it covered under my Homeowners policy?

A: The homeowner policy only offers coverage up to a specified limit for theft only. If you want the ring to be covered for losses in addition to theft, it would need to be scheduled on the policy with an appraised value.

Q: Is my fence covered under my Homeowner policy?

A: Yes. Since the fence is permanently installed it is considered as part of the dwelling and is therefore covered.


Q: My car broke down. Do I have coverage to rent a vehicle under my substitute transportation?

A: No. You can only rent a vehicle under substitute transportation when there is a covered loss under collision or comprehensive coverage.

Q: I have a crack in my windshield. Do I have coverage and if I do, is there a deductible?

A: If you have comprehensive coverage on your policy, you are covered to replace the windshield with no deductible.

Q: What amount must a company pay out for an at-fault loss for a surcharge to be applied?

A: Any payment by the company over $500 to you or the other party as a result of the at-fault accident.

Q: My son or daughter is currently a student. Do you offer any discounts for students?

A: Yes. If your son or daughter has at least a B average (3.0 GPA) or goes to school over 100 miles from where the vehicle is garaged during the school year, they would qualify for a discount.

Q: I drive my car very infrequently. Am I eligible for a discount?

A: Depending on how infrequent you drive, you may be eligible for big savings on your insurance. Contact the agency to obtain a copy of a mileage form to apply for a discount today.


Q: How do I know if I am required to carry Workers Compensation Insurance?

A: If you are an incorporated business or are a sole proprietor with employees, you are required to have Workers Compensation under Massachusetts law.

Q: I have purchased a vehicle under my company name. Does this vehicle have to be insured under a Commercial Auto policy?

A: Yes. Only vehicles that are registered to someone personally can be insured under a Personal Auto policy.

Q: Do you provide a certificate of insurance for my business?

A: Yes. You can call us directly to request a certificate of insurance or fill out the application form on the home page.